Bean Boots are back to the point that it’s hard to get your hands on them
Youtube Red isn’t the same as RedTube?
- Youtube releases a $10/month subscription that eliminates ads & allows for offline play? There’s not a lot of information out about it yet so people are making stuff up and getting furious about it. Classic Internet. (fusion.net)
Are you a grumpy old technologist that needs a pick-me-up? ()
- 5 things that old programmers should remember (medium.com)
I promise that even though the title is clickbait-y, that the content is good! Does this sounds like you, because I feel like this more than I care to admit:
My negative thinking was reinforced by what I saw. All of the new technologies looked like fads. I hated Node.js. I felt that web development frameworks were awful, and lamented the corruption of some of my sacred cows into cliche-ridden “movements” like Agile and Extreme Programming. I longed for the days when people did specs, coded and tested carefully, and didn’t have a thousand buzzwords in every article.
DYK that 20 years ago Levi’s was bigger than Nike? I mean, holy shit!
- Levi’s, who were stuck in the past with only their drapey fits, are playing catch-up on women’s fits and fabrics (bloomberg.com)
Face-cut glue review
- Cut yourself shaving? No more daubing it with tissue! Here’s a review of Proraso’s Nick Sealer (TheCloseShave.com)
Google bought Waze a while back, and we finally get some news!
- The “social driving app” receives a new UI (closer to google maps), and it’s easier to send out notifications and receive alerts (mobilesyrup.com)
Their icons will always make me think of Animal Crossing.
Apple is being a bro and protecting our data
- Apple is still refusing, by stating it’s impossible, to unlock seized iOS 8+ devices (macrumors.com)
I’m a gamer, so I use Windows machines. And holy crap the new Microsoft Surface Book showing its mettle against those sexy Macbook Pros
- The Microsoft Surface Book is backing up its claims about being significantly faster than the Macbook Pro. 3x as fast in real-world gaming tests (pcworld.com)
Drone license and registration please, sir
- The Government is going to start requiring recreational drones to be registered (washingtonpost.com)
A Google employee lives in a van in the parking lot
- Saving 90% of your income must be nice. Hopefully he doesn’t get himself kicked out after blogging about it! (businessinsider.com)
I would have chosen an RV over a panel truck, but to each their own!
Can’t get enough of lists? Or of reading? Check out last week’s episode! Have a great weekend!
Thanks for reading that article. Want another? Subscribe to our email to get new content in your inbox daily. Or connect with us on Twitter to see our updates there. We're on Facebook too, but Mark's algorithm is probably going to mostly show you baby pics and idiot rants. We can't compete with that.
Want to support our site and eat better? Check out Blue Apron, a new approach to healthy cooking.