Google was a jerk this week:
- Chrome is getting more aggressive about silencing autoplay videos (via The Verge)
- Google Tells Developers How to Get Around Apple’s New Security Rules So They Can Keep Selling Ads (via re/code)
- It turns out parenthood is worse than divorce, unemployment — even the death of a partner (via Washtington Post)
- A surprising number of psychology studies can’t be reproduced (from Science Magazine via The Verge)
But it was a good week for Facebook & Co:
- For the first time ever, one billion people used Facebook in a single day.
- Thinking Outside the Square: Support for Landscape and Portrait Formats on Instagram
Liliputing took a look at these smartwatches:
Meanwhile, if you’re looking for a “normal” watch, Dappered has you covered:
Lastly, lessons from Caddyshack:
In my opinion, if you were open, not too serious, fun, and generally positive you could help people who may have been a bit nervous about the wine experience feel comfortable. Respect would come later based on whether you gave them good advise or not (if you didn’t, they wouldn’t come back). Most people are weary of walking into a fancy booze store and making a selection for themselves. I definitely wanted to be more like Rodney Dangerfield’s Al Czervik; using humor to make the whole experience a party that everyone could be invited to and making sure we weren’t catering purely to Bushwood members. Keep Reading >>
Have a great weekend!
Thanks for reading that article. Want another? Subscribe to our email to get new content in your inbox daily. Or connect with us on Twitter to see our updates there. We're on Facebook too, but Mark's algorithm is probably going to mostly show you baby pics and idiot rants. We can't compete with that.
Want to support our site and eat better? Check out Blue Apron, a new approach to healthy cooking.